Micro commerce is a term commonly used for e-commerce service or software purchases that are between U.S. $0.01 and $5.00.
There has been micro commerce transactions that were even smaller that one cent in some cases. These types of offerings are usually goods and services that are provided to a customer on an individual bases.
Even though micro payments occur on a per click basis the relatively small payment can add up to significant revenue if a large customer demographic exists for your product or service.
Some B2B-based micro commerce can include:
- Database connectivity – where a company provides access to a specific database for a micro commerce payment
- Software Use – A business provides software on a per user basis and charges users a few cents for each user session of the software
- Content – a business may provide online content and charge each time an article or learning object is utilized or accessed by a web user
Some consumer-based micro commerce includes:
- Music purchases,
- Book or Booklet purchases
- Access to member only areas of websites
- Gaming and gambling purchases
- Photography or clip art licensing or purchases
On the other hand, macro commerce is on flip side of the coin. Macro commerce is a technical term used to describe purchases that are over U.S. $5.00 on the Internet. Common macro commerce purchases include computer hardware, office equipment, electronics, mobile devices and furniture, just to name a few.
Both payment structures can achieve substantial revenue for a business, however, choosing the right structure will depend on the type of products and services your business offers as well as certain psychological aspects of your target demographic.
To learn more about micro and macro payment structures for your website, contact our pleasant and knowledgeable team of web professionals at Emirco Studios. Call us at +1 868 222 6500.